The CalHFA Homeownership Programs Divison provides affordable housing opportunities by offering below-market interest rate mortgage loans to very low-to-moderate income first-time homebuyers. The Program strives to achieve availability of mortgage funds 365 days a year, an equitable geographic distribution of its loans throughout the state, and an equal balance between newly constructed and resale homes. There are several unique features and programs offered which may fit the need of the prospective buyer.
CalHFA establishes partnerships with lenders, local housing agencies, builder/developers, real estate professionals, and other intermediaries in order to develop and deliver its programs. This collaborative approach helps expand homeownership opportunities by maximizing the collective financial resources available to borrowers.
The Homeownership Programs division offers information on:
- Programs (CalHFA and Prop. 46 Programs)
Mortgage Loan Programs:
- Homeownership Mortgage Loan Program
- Builder-Lock (BLOCK) Program
- Energy Efficient Mortgages
- HomeChoice Program Information
- Mortgage Insurance
- Partnership with Southern California Home Financing Authority (SCHFA)
- Self-Help Builder Assistance Program
- Single Loan (SL) Process
Down Payment Assistance Programs:
- Affordable Housing Partnership Program (AHPP)
- California Homebuyer’s Downpayment Assistance Program (CHDAP)
- CalHFA Housing Assistance Program (CHAP)
- Extra Credit Teacher Home Purchase Program (ECTP)
- High Cost Area Home Purchase Assistance Program (HiCAP)
- Homeownership In Revitalization Areas Program (HIRAP)
- Oakland Teacher Program
- School Facility Fee Down Payment Assistance Program (SFF)
If you are interested in a partnership with the Homeownership Division, call 916.324.8088, 800.789.2432 or visit their website www.calhfa.ca.gov.