10 Tips for Making Sure Your Contractor Measures Up…
- Hire only licensed contractors.
- Check a contractor’s license number online at www.cslb.ca.gov or by calling (800) 321-CSLB (2752).
- Get at least three bids.
- Get three recent references and visit them to see how the work was done
from each bidder and review past work in person.
- Make sure all project expectations are in writing and only sign the contract if you completely understand the terms.
- Confirm that the contractor has workers’ compensation insurance for employees.
- Never pay more than 10% down of $1,000, whichever is less. Don’t pay in cash.
- Don’t let payments get ahead of the work.
- Keep a job file of all papers relating to your project, including all payments.
- Don’t make the final payment until you’re satisfied with the job.
The Contractor may not be happy with these, but if they’re honest it won’t be a problem for them
Please follow and like us: