1. They don t ask enough questions of their lender and end up missing out on the best deal.
2. They don t act quickly enough to make a decision and someone else buys the house.
3. They don t find the right agent who s willing to help them through the home buying process.
4. They don t do enough to make their offer look appealing to a seller.
5. They don t think about resale before they buy. The average first-time buyer only stays in a home for four years.
Source: Real Estate Checklists and Systems, www.realestatechecklists.com.
Reprinted from REALTOR magazine (REALTOR.org/realtormag) with permission of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS .
Copyright 2008. All rights reserved.