Provides permanent financing for the acquisition, rehabilitation and preservation of existing rental housing, as well as the new construction of rental housing. CalHFA-financed affordable units are targeted to low and moderate-income families and individuals in California. Through its subdivision Specific Multifamily Programs, it also offers development information including lending programs, financing terms, loan application forms and processing requirements.
CalFHA establishes partnerships with city and county officials, local housing agencies, affordable housing developers, construction lenders and other housing sponsors to develop and deliver its programs. This collaborative approach helps expand housing opportunities by maximizing the financial resources available to support the State s housing needs.
The division offers information on:
- Multifamily Programs
- Construction Loan Program
- HUD Section 202 Refinancing Program
- Loan to Lender Program
- Permanent Financing Program
- Predevelopment Finance Program
- Preservation & Acquisition Finance Program (Prop. 46)
- Special Financing Needs
- Tax Exempt Bridge Financing Program
- Multifamily Asset Management and Affordable Rental Housing Developments.
If you are interested in a partnership Multifamily Finance Division call 916.322.5123 or visit www.calhafa.ca.gov.